One of my favorite memories is a child telling me during class, that she wanted to teach because she believed it had to be the best profession in the world - because I was always smiling doing it.
Some of the other benefits of smiling are:
- Smiling improves our appearance
- Smiling can change your mood - fake it till you make it.
- Smiling is contagious and it draws people to you. (Who wants to spend time with a grumpy person?)
- Smiling reduces stress - take time to put a smile on your face. In fact, put up reminders to smile when life seems overwhelming. It can't hurt, and it may help - a lot.
- Smiling relaxes you and improves immune function as well as lowers blood pressure.
- Smiling releases endorphins and serotonin to help you feel good.
- Smiling helps give the impression of youth and energy and can contribute to your success.